Taken after 1991, showing Masson Mill as a textile museum.
Taken c1850, stereo by William Woodward of Nottingham.
Keith Repton writes:
....the photo is of Masson mill, the buildings to the left of the mill
was a public house & housing pulled down to widen the A6 road into
Matlock Math, Cat Tor runs back towards Matlock Bath past the weir,
.....the alignment shows the picture was taken from the top of HARP EDGE
(paste 53.110914°N, 1.565252°W into Google Earth)
Matlock Bath, Masson Mill
Masson Mill was built by Sir Richard Arkwright in 1783 and was in
continuous use until 1991. It now houses an excellent textile
museum. Originally the spinning machines were driven by a water
wheel worked by the River Derwent.
Click on photo for enlargement (on CD only)
Have any more information about this photo?
Please e-mail the author on: