History of Fountain House, Bonsall
1812 Stephen HALL Will
1820 Thomas HALL got involved
1861 March. Mary WOODIWISS sold to Mary HALL and Fanny HALL.
1861 June. Mary HALL sold to Fanny & Ebenezer HALL for &299 8 shillings. Sale was a dwelling and tenenment with brew-house and yard and all the front garden and stable and cow-house adjoining and the Slang and the building occupied by Thomas HALL and Gilbert HALL and the cottage and tenement occupied by Thomas BRACE. John HALL mentioned.
1911 Ebenezer HALL died
1912 Samuel Clarke Shaw HALL, nephew of Ebenezer HALL sold to Loise HOUSELEY. The Property transferred was Fountain House, yard and the buildings occupied by J. SIMPSON, the Middleton Institute and Reading Room, adjoining cottage, yard and garden occupied by Miss BUXTON and the building used as a cow-house,
1919 Sold by Loise HOUSELEY to Henry JEPSON (joiner and builder Main Street) except for the Slang. Sold for œ230 00.
1920 March. Henry JEPSON sold to George and Emma HARRISON for œ180 00. Building and washhouse used as a coalhouse and loft over space tenented by John DOXEY.
1952 Property inherited by Blanche and George SHELDON through will of parents. Emma HARRISON died 18 Oct 1952.
Compiled 28 Aug 2005.