Painted before 1879. A 5" x 7" chromolithograph taken from
"Our Native Land: Its Scenery and Associations."
Published 1879 by Marcus Ward & Co. Noticeably absent from the
view are The Royal Hotel (it replaced the
single storey Old Bath Hotel in 1878), the
old Pavillion (opened 1884) and the Switchback
(built about 1900).
Matlock Bath, from Heights of Abraham
Looking South. In the centre is the large
Below on the river bank can just be seen the start of the
Click on photo for enlargement (on CD only)
Have any more information about this photo?
Please e-mail the author on: