Updated 23 Dec 2006
WIRKSWORTH Parish Records 1600-1900
Old Market Place looking North 1920
Good view of houses removed in 1938 when building Harrison Drive.
On the left is part of Marsden's agricultural implement makers.
On the pavement can be seen goods for sale.
In the distance is the Red Lion Commercial Hotel.
To the right of that was Watts,wireless dealer and taxi proprietor.
Next was Doxey's newsagent and tearooms.
On the right is the Westminster Bank building.
Next is Johnston's ironmonger's shop, opposite Marsden's.
Taken c1930. The Red Lion, with Watts wireless dealer on left
Source:W G Walker, Rosedene, Holloway
Click on photo for enlargement (on CD only)
Have any more information about this photo? Please e-mail
the author on:
Compiled, formatted, hyperlinked, encoded,
and copyright © 2001,
All Rights Reserved.